Lasik surgery is a very reliable, safe, and permanent solution to get rid of your glasses or contacts. You can get clear and stable vision naturally after this laser treatment. Most of the patients have attained 20/25 vision or even better after the Lasik procedure. However, the success of Lasik surgery largely depends on whether you meet certain criteria. You must contact an eye specialist to know if you are a good candidate for Lasik or not. You can schedule your appointment for Lasik surgery in Delhi – visual aids centre with the best and experienced surgeon. They will let you know if you qualify for the Lasik procedure or not.
Before visiting a doctor, here is a checklist you can match with your health status to decide if Lasik is the correct option for you. Once you feel assured you can visit the doctor for further tests and an eye checkup. Lasik surgery cost in India (https://visualaidscentre.com/) is affordable but the price can vary as per the kind of Lasik suitable for your eyes. Below are some points that will let you know if you are a good candidate for the Lasik process.
- Age factor: You must be above 18 years for Lasik eye surgery. However, the doctors prefer the age to be above 22 years for minimal complications. This is because till the age of 20 your shape of your cornea keeps changing. And going for Lasik at this time will not help you for any good.
- Stable vision prescription: You must have a stable eye prescription from the past year or more. The stable vision power prescription will ensure you have fixed the shape of the cornea and it will not change in the coming future. Lasik is able to treat myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism patients. In addition, your prescription must lie in the range that can be corrected by Lasik. Lasik can correct -11D of myopia, +5D for hyperopia, and 5D for astigmatism.
- Healthy eyes: Your eyes should be healthy to heal after surgery. If you are suffering from an eye condition like cataract, eye injury, or glaucoma. Then, you are not a good candidate for Lasik until it is resolved. Wait for full recovery of eye injury or eye infection, if you have any. Also, if you suffer from persistent dry eyes where you are not able to produce enough tears to lubricate your eyes. Then, in such eye conditions Lasik may aggravate the condition. Your eye doctor will examine the severity of dryness and suggest if you can proceed with Lasik or not.
- Sufficient thickness of cornea: Performing laser surgery on a thin cornea can reshape the cornea. Also, it may result in impairment of vision. To know if your cornea is thick enough for Lasik, you can consult an eye doctor.
- Good health: Your overall body should be in good health to help you heal faster after surgery. The person suffering from diabetes or any autoimmune disease is disqualified for Lasik surgery. The doctor will walk you through the impact of health conditions on Lasik