You are searching about What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish, today we will share with you article about What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish is useful to you.
A Wonderful Rabbit Stew Recipe With Cajun/Creole Influences
When I hunt small game with my buddies Chris and Dave, the women always want to try something different with the rabbit we bring home. Here is a recipe that the whole family will enjoy. This rabbit stew recipe thickens with a simmered black roux becoming a rabbit stew. The method creates gourmet flavor without the risk of thickening with raw liver and fresh cream, the traditional finishing touch of gourmet chefs. Serve this delicious, lightly spiced stew over rice, cheese grits or polenta. If you prefer the Greek version of stifado, you can remove the spicy ingredients and replace them with cinnamon, juniper berries and allspice.
Creole rabbit stew recipe
½ cup flour
½ cup oil
Combine ingredients in a thick glass, ovenproof bowl or measuring cup. Use a deep bowl or the roux will spill when microwaved. Cook six minutes. Stir and continue cooking in one-minute increments until the roux has a very dark color. The total cooking time may take 12 minutes. Transfer the hot roux to a dish to cool, pouring off any excess oil that collects. Alternatively, you can cook the roux over low to medium heat in a cast iron pan on the stove, but you must stir constantly until the roux darkens, which takes 30-45 minutes.
Rabbit Stew Ingredients:
1 large rabbit, cut into 8 pieces
1 onion, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
½ chopped red, yellow or green bell pepper or a mixture of the three
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 ounces bacon, chopped
1 C. dried thyme, basil and parsley or 2 tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 jalapeño peppers, minced
¼ tsp. red pepper, white pepper and black pepper
Salt to taste
12 small new potatoes
1 cup pearl onions, peeled and root ends removed
1 cup mushrooms, quartered or sliced
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cups of chicken broth
1 cup chopped tomatoes
– Salt the pieces of rabbit and add olive oil to a large casserole or brazier.
– Fry the chopped bacon until golden brown and remove with a slotted spoon.
– Brown the rabbit pieces and remove them.
– Add chopped onions, green pepper and celery and cook until lightly caramelized, about 20 minutes.
– Drain the vegetables and oil, deglaze the pan with red wine. – Add the broth, the bacon bits, the pieces of rabbit, the herbs, the mushrooms and the drained vegetables and bring to the boil. You can simmer the dish on the stove top or braise it covered in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Simmer or bake for 90 minutes. Add potatoes and cook until just tender.
– Remove the rabbit pieces and thicken the rabbit stew with the drained roux until the desired thickness is obtained. You can remove the rabbit meat from the bones if you wish, but the dish makes a better presentation if you leave them on.
Serve this rabbit stew recipe by serving one or two pieces of rabbit, vegetables and sauce over oatmeal, rice or polenta in a presentation bowl and garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley, chervil or coriander. Garlic bread, jalapeño cornbread, or crispy French or Italian bread and green salad make rabbit stew a satisfying meal. This dish has a bit of heat to it, but you can skip the red, white, and jalapeño peppers, replacing them with exotic spices to turn the dish into a classic Greek stifado.
Video about What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
You can see more content about What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
If you have any questions about What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
way What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
tutorial What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish
What Channel Is Root Sports On Dish free
#Wonderful #Rabbit #Stew #Recipe #CajunCreole #Influences