You are searching about What Was The First Sport With A Ball, today we will share with you article about What Was The First Sport With A Ball was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Was The First Sport With A Ball is useful to you.
Joggling – Combining Juggling and Jogging Into a Fantastic Sport
What is Jogging? The combination of juggling while jogging. People who Joggle are called Jogglers. It became a recognized sport (in America at least) in the early 1980s when the first races were held at the annual festivals of the International Jugglers Association.
Why juggle? If you are a Juggler who regularly participates in parades, then you are already a Juggler who walks while juggling (although there doesn’t seem to be a name for it so I recommend Jalking)! Juggling while running is probably just the next logical step if you find it enjoyable! If you’re looking for a new way to stay fit and can juggle, this gives a bit more of an overall body workout because you’re using your arms to juggle and your legs to run.
It’s especially fun if you can find a friend or two to join you. It can be a very social activity. If you can maintain a juggling pattern while running, it will help improve your hand/eye coordination as you will become even better at maintaining patterns in the air and avoiding falls.
What do you need?
- A fitness level: be able to run the distance you have decided to run.
- Basic juggling skills: The 3-ball cascade is probably the most common pattern people use for jogging. Make sure you can maintain this pattern much longer than it would take to run/jog the distance you want to run.
- Any set of 3 or more items (clubs, rings) can be used, but balls tend to be the easiest to control while running (and least likely to injure yourself or others you pass!)
- Perseverance: Combining two different activities is bound to be weird at first, but it just takes perseverance and lots of practice, along with great guidance and encouragement.
The World Juggling Championships are held annually during the International Jugglers Association (IJA) Juggling Festival in America. The races include relays, races from 100 meters up to 5 km. As more and more jugglers master 5 and 7 ball juggling, new categories and running distances will undoubtedly be added to the Competition!
Don’t worry, you don’t have to go back to the start when you drop an item! There are only 2 basic rules to follow when jogging:
- The juggling pattern should be maintained as you run. You can’t just stop juggling for a while and hold all the items in your hand!
- If you drop an object, you must return to the point where the object hit the ground and continue your run from there.
Unless your pure goal for Joggling is to break records and set faster times, then you might get bored of always performing the 3 ball stunt pattern while you run, so why not learn some tricks to brighten people’s days as you pass them by?
- Smile: It’s not a juggling trick, but it’s important not to try to look too serious while jogging! This can reduce the number of people heckling you as you pass, and you may even regain some smiles, which is always a good encouragement when your muscles get tired!
- Obstacles: There will be times when you are Jogging where you will run into an Obstacle. If it’s small enough to jump over and you have enough free space without anyone getting in your way, you might be able to throw a ball high enough to jump over the obstacle and continue the pattern. This trick may take some practice because you never know what obstacles you will encounter. This will allow you to maintain a decent speed without having to slow down and find alternate routes around obstacles!
- Other tricks: Remember that people watching you juggle will only see you for a short time, so don’t worry too much about learning loads of tricks to impress them! You might find that it’s yourself that’s getting bored of always doing a waterfall pattern for the duration of your run, so if you know any other tricks, try them out and see which ones work easily and which ones that don’t work!
Video about What Was The First Sport With A Ball
You can see more content about What Was The First Sport With A Ball on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Was The First Sport With A Ball
If you have any questions about What Was The First Sport With A Ball, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Was The First Sport With A Ball was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Was The First Sport With A Ball helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Was The First Sport With A Ball
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Was The First Sport With A Ball
What Was The First Sport With A Ball
way What Was The First Sport With A Ball
tutorial What Was The First Sport With A Ball
What Was The First Sport With A Ball free
#Joggling #Combining #Juggling #Jogging #Fantastic #Sport